PIKELETS WITH FRESH FRUIT
1/2 Cup Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
1/2 Cup White Self-Raising Flour
Fresh Berries of your choice
Honey, Sweet Date Syrup or Maple Syrup
Plain Greek Yoghurt
- Sift flours into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- In a jug, whisk together milk and eggs. Pour mixture into flour and whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Note – if you want to make super fluffy pikelets, you could separate the eggs – add only the yolks to the milk, mix well then add the egg yolks & milk mixture to the flour and whisk until smooth batter forms. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Then gently fold the egg whites into your batter, which will lighten up your batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat – or you can heat a flat-based sandwich press.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto the pan and cook for 1 minute or until bubbles appear on the surface of the pikelet. Turn and cook for a further minute or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat until you’ve used all your batter.
- Serve with your favourite fresh fruit & condiments.